The Middlesex County Museum and Historical Society is devoted to discovering, preserving, exhibiting, and studying the remnants of our shared 350 years of history with fellow citizens and visitors.
Over the past year we have:
- Completed the filming of interviews of county WWII Medal of Honor recipients through collaboration with Museums of Middlesex (MOM).
- Mounted a special exhibition of “African American Culinary Notables from the Middle Peninsula”.
- Initiated a long term project to research and archive the history of our country stores. We have begun collecting artifacts, documents, photographs, oral histories, and stories to form a historical database.
- Completed the professional archiving of over 700 accessions
- Formed a partnership with the Middlesex County Board of Supervisors for collaboration with the VA Department of Historical Resources.
- Engaged an additional high school intern to do research, archive artifacts, and create exhibits.
- Contracted with Consociate Media to build an extensive web site to make our county history available to anyone, anywhere.
With additional financial support, we will be able to continue our current activities and strengthen our 2019 goals by:
- Maintaining our collaboration with Museums of Middlesex (MOM) and the Middlesex County Office of Economic Development and Tourism to take advantage of new grant opportunities.
- Supporting our Visitor Center which provides the public with information about community activities, businesses and our history, as well as provide space to hold exhibitions, meetings, family reunions and receptions in the heart of Middlesex County.
- Increasing our collaboration with Arts in the Middle to provide an array of exhibits throughout the year or feature different artists at work.
In order to continue the growth of our programs, we need your financial support. Your contribution and willingness to become a member of the museum will help us secure, explore, preserve, and share Middlesex County’s unique 350-year heritage. The museum is a 501© (3) tax deductible organization. Please consider making a contribution today.
If you’d like to mail in your donation, please download this donation response form HERE.