About Us

Educating and informing citizens of the importance of history in the development of our county, state, and nation.

The Middlesex Museum is dedicated to acquiring by purchase, lease, gift or otherwise records, documents, sites, buildings and objects related to the history of Middlesex County and to preserve that material.

We strive to promote the discussion, documentation, exhibition, and publication of this material.

The Middlesex County Museum and Historical Society is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit.

Object donations can be made at the Museum by calling to set up an appointment. 804-758-3663

The Museum also accepts stocks, bonds, and real estate. Planned Giving Donations may also be initiated through Bequests, Charitable Gift Annuities, Retirement Plans, and IRA Charitable Rollovers.

Checks may be mailed to: Middlesex County Museum, P.O. Box 121, Saluda, Virginia, 23149

Latest News

Jackson Creek: Then & Now

It's amazing what some time can do! Sand bars move, beaches recede, trees grow tall, and channels change!! Check out these shots of Jackson Creek in the 1930s compared to some...

A New Look At John Mottrom & The Secrets To His Success

An Article Written By Donald Robert (Rob) Warner for the Northern Neck of Virginia Historical Magazine. Rob Warner's home on the Piankatank River is about 6 miles upstream of...

Antioch Baptist Church

The Antioch Baptist Church was organized in 1866, by Rev. John Pollard, Rev. George W. Wood and Rev. George T. Sutherlin. All three licensed ministers with Clark Neck's Baptist...

The Rappanna Theatre of Urbanna, Virginia

Growing up in Urbanna, Virginia in the early 30s was a happening time with many things to do, including watching a film at the Rappanna Theatre located on the Main Street of the...

Museums of Middlesex Logo

Virginia is for Lovers Logo

Virginia's River Realm Logo

Middlesex Museum Physical Address

777 General Puller Highway
Saluda, VA 23149

Middlesex Museum Mailing Address

PO Box 121
Saluda, VA 23149