The history of Middlesex lies hidden in objects, photographs, people and homes such as “Little Brandon” that was recently purchased and restored with loving care. Originally, the structure was one of two wings built off the rear of the imposing brick mansion, Brandon located along the Rappahannock River. The wide pine floors and simplicity of the design speaks of designing to take advantage of natures elements. Beautiful wood harvested locally has withstood since the 1700’s when John Grymes lll purchased Brandon from Captain Harry Beverly’s wife and enlarged it. As we ride the roads of Middlesex and see each structure that has a story and wish that it could be lovingly restored too.