The Antioch Baptist Church was organized in 1866, by Rev. John Pollard, Rev. George W. Wood and Rev. George T. Sutherlin. All three licensed ministers with Clark Neck’s Baptist Church, later known as Saluda Baptist.
After worshiping for a number of years in the Clark Neck’s Baptist Church, they withdrew and organized themselves into what was know as Antioch Baptist Church.
On May 24th, 1867 a piece of land was purchased for the purpose of erecting a church building, and after a year of struggle and many sacrifices the church was completed enough to worship in.
The pamphlet below gives an in depth history of how the church grew from there.
Digitized by Tyler Radabaugh